Circuit Breaker Analyser
Do you know the true condition of your Circuit Breaker?
It is critical that the circuit breaker and protection relay operate correctly during faults. The CBTrip can measure how the circuit breaker would perform in a real fault situation by capturing the vital first trip.
With the addition of Total Trip Time the CBTrip can also provide the composite trip time of your protection relay and circuit breaker.
From this simple online test, a slow trip operation can be detected and the problems rectified to ensure in future there is NO:
- Widespread losses of supply
- Damage to plant
- Safety incidents
- CI / CML financial penalties
The CBTrip offers a cost effective solution by providing:
- Capture vital first-trip operation
- Total Trip Time (Relay + circuit breaker)
- Onsite analysis of breaker defects
- Trending of key parameters
- Efficiently target critical resources
- Minimize outage times
CBTrip with Replay Pro provide powerful diagnostic tools for analysing:
- Main contact operation
- Auxiliary contact operation
- Trip and close coil operation
- Integrity of control circuit wiring
- DC supply voltage
- Relay operating time (using Total Trip Time function)
- And many more potential defects
What is Replay Pro?
- PC based software package that can be linked to a central server so that data can be made accessible company wide
- Powerful analysis tool that enables both detection of circuit breaker defects and trending of performance against key parameters from imported CBTrip records
What can Replay Pro? do?
- Effecient storage, retrieval & analysis of records
- Records can be graphed and overlaid for analysis
- Data export option to MS Excel
CBTrip Offline Kit
The CBTrip can be used in an offline mode to measure the main contact times when the circuit breaker is isolated from the network or is being tested at another location such as the manufacturer’s premises or a maintenance workshop.
The schematic diagram in Figure 2 shows how the CBTrip is connected for an offline test. Normally a primary earth is left on one side of the isolated circuit breaker to provide a common connection for the Offline unit. Entering test details and selecting the test mode (Trip or Close) on the CBTrip is exactly the same as for an online test. The CBTrip automatically detects that it is an offline test and puts a symbol on the test result to indicate this.